The cost of carpentry
The budget for your carpentry work is based on your needs. Any-woodwork-prices. As part of your house’s renovation, you wish to change your windows, your staircase or make custom-made cupboards?
To simplify your life and help you find your way through the jungle of carpenter’s prices, we have made a small guide with most carpentry work you will face when renovating your home.
The price of windows
There is a big price difference depending on the material you want for your windows. That is why we have reviewed PVC, wood, aluminium and wood/aluminium windows. The price corresponds to a model with standard dimensions and without installation:
- The price of a PVC window is between 150 and 700 $, including VAT.
- The price of an aluminium window is between 400 and 900 $, including tax.
- The price of a wooden window is between 190 and 790 $.
- A mixed wood/aluminium window price is between 590 and 1300 $, including all taxes.
For the installation, you will have to pay between 80 and 100 $ (including tax) for a one leaf window or one sash and up to 160 $ on average for a four-leaf window, opening or fixed.
The price of interior doors
The price will depend on the material used, the dimensions of the doors and the type of opening (sliding, swinging, pivot, galandage or folding).
A wooden door price is between 40 and 100 $ for an entry-level model, between 140 and 350 $ for a mid-range model and finally around 3500 $ for a very high-end door.
The price for a glass door depends on the type of glass used and its properties.
- However, you should be aware that this type of door is the most expensive on the market. Depending on the model, it will cost you between 170 and 3200 $.
- For an aluminium door, you will have to pay between 150 and 390 $ for an entry-level and mid-range model and up to almost 1,000 $ for a top-of-the-range model.
- For the installation, plan a budget of 70 to 150 $. You will have to add a hundred $ for a door unit.
The price of an entrance door
We will repeat ourselves, but here again, the price depends on the model chosen, the material, the dimensions and the characteristics of the door:
- The cost of a wooden entrance door: between 250 and 1500 $ for a standard door and 2500 to 3500 $ for a top-of-the-range door.
- The price of a PVC entrance door: between 340 and 1200 $ for a standard door and 1200 and 2400 $ for a top-of-the-range door.
- The cost of an aluminium entrance door: between 750 and 1800 $ for a standard door and between 1800 and 4500 $ for a top-of-the-range door.
The price of a garage door
The garage door is available in a wide range of models with up-and-over, roller, PVC, wood or aluminium opening at very different prices:
- A sectional door made of aluminium, wood or PVC costs between 340 and 3200 $.
- The price of a steel sectional door costs between 2000 and 4500 $.
- The price of an up-and-over door is between 350 and 3400 $.
- The price of an automatic garage door is between 350 and 4500 $.
- The cost of a sliding garage door is between 320 and 4100 $.
- The price of a swinging garage door is between 250 and 700 $.
- The price of a side garage door or roller door is between 340 and 4500 $.
The price of a portal
For the gate’s price, we have estimated it according to its type of opening and its material. Swinging gate without automatism:
- PVC gate costs between 220 and 2200 $.
- An aluminium portal costs between 490 and 5500 $.
- A wooden gate costs between 390 and 8500 $.
- A wrought-iron gate costs between 480 and 1400 $.
- A steel or stainless steel gate costs between 250 and 1400 $.
Sliding gate without automation:
- A PVC gate: 1200 to 2500 $
- An aluminium portal: 1700 and 7000 $
- A wooden gate: 1000 to 3000 $
- A wrought-iron gate: 1000 to 40000 $
- A steel or stainless steel gate: between 1000 and 3900 $
Don’t forget to add the price of the automatisms if you want them.
The price of installing an interior staircase
A staircase price is difficult to put a figure on because there are dozens of models on the market. We decided instead to give you the prices for the installation of a staircase:
- The price of the installation of a straight staircase: between 1000 and 10000 $ according to the complexity of the building site.
- The cost of installing a spiral staircase: between 1600 and 15000 $
- The price of installing a spiral staircase is between 1800 and 13000 $.
The price of a mezzanine
Do you wish to make a mezzanine as part of your renovation? Absolute space saving with this type of arrangement. Its price depends on the construction elements and the type of flooring, cladding, railing or kind of access. But be aware that you will have to pay at least 700 $ per m².
The price of a dressing room
A dressing room is a must in a bedroom in particular. Depending on the configuration of the room, you can have it made to measure. It will cost you around 2800 $, and 8000 $ on average plus the “pose”. It will cost between 650 and 1500 $ with hanging bars for clothes, shelves, and various cupboards for a standard walk-in wardrobe.
The price of the panelling and installation
For a warm and inexpensive wall covering, panelling is increasingly being used in our homes during renovations. We give you the prices for wood panelling according to the type of wood:
- The cost of the panelling in coated wood: 9 to 19 $ per sqm
- The price of the pine panelling: 15 to 29 $ per m².
- The cost of the pine panelling: 19 to 29 $ per m².
- The price of the larch panelling: about 29 $ per m².
- The price of the chestnut panelling: between 29 and 39 $ per m².
- The cost of the bamboo panelling: 65 $ per m².
- The price of the installation of the panelling by a professional, supplies included, is between 29 and 39 $ per m² of the wall.
To help you calculate the budget, you will need to finance your carpentry work; you should know that the carpenter’s average rate is 53 $ per hour. The daily rate for a carpenter is 400 $. To this rate, you must add travel expenses and, of course, the cost of materials. We, therefore, advise you to make an estimate and compare! You may not know it, but there are also grants for energy renovation in carpentry. It can be reasonable but mainly economic to inquire.
Get quotes and compare. Get the competition to do the same. This is the best way to find out the prices charged by plumbers in your area.
Home Renovation Contractors is one of the reliable and budget-friendly floor renovations services that ensure to give you the best service Montréal for your commercial or residential cleaning places in Montreal, Laval, North Shore, Longueuil, North Shore, Saint-Laurent, Greenfield Park, West Island, Dorval, Mont Royal, Blainville, Brossard, Boucherville, Terrebonne, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Rivière des Prairies, Plateau Mont-Royal, Outremont, Westmount, Vieux-Montréal, Saint-Eustache, Boisbriand, Île-des-Sœurs, Repentigny, Greenfield Park, Saint-Hubert, LeMoyne, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Saint-Lambert, Beloeil, Chambly, Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Gatineau, Ottawa, Outaouai, Saint Sauveur, Sainte-Thérèse, Candiac, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Hampstead, Verdun, Ville-Marie, Sud-Ouest, Rosemont-la-Petite-Patrie, Mercier, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Villeray, Saint-Michel, Parc extension, Ahuntsic, Cartierville, Ville St-Laurent, Anjou, Montréal-Nord, St-Léonard, Vimont, Auteuil, Saint-François, Duvernay, Sainte-Dorothée, Fabreville, Chomedey, Laval-des-Rapides, Renaud, Saint-Vincent de Paul, Pont Viau, Laval-sur-le-lac, Sainte-Rose, Beaconsfield, Île Perrot, Senneville, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Kirkland, l’Île Bizard, Sainte-Genevieve, Pierrefonds-Roxboro, Baie d’urfé, Montréal-Est, Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Dorval, Pointe-Claire, Lachine, Ville Lasalle, Centre-ville, Côte St-Luc, Montréal-Ouest, Côte-des-Neiges, Notre-Dame-de Grace, Vancouver, Granby, Quebec, Gatineau, Sainte-Foy – Sillery, Trois-Rivières, Beauport, Haute Saint-Charles, Shawinigan, St-Nicolas, Lévis or surrounding areas.