- 1 Plumbing Repairs: Installation & Repairs
- 1.1 The cost of a plumbing repair
- 1.2 Price of a bathtub and its installation
- 1.3 Price of a shower cubicle and its installation
- 1.4 Price of a septic tank and its installation
- 1.5 The price of a gas boiler and its installation
- 1.6 The price of a sink and its installation
- 1.7 The price of toilets
- 2 Home Renovation Contractors Advice
It is complicated, if not impossible, to give a total cost because it depends, of course, on the work you have to do.
This is why we have made a decision to provide you the expense of each work instead. You will then only have to add up the ones you have an interest in. Local Professional Plumbers
Price of a bathtub and its installation
When renovating your bathroom, it is not uncommon to change your bathtub or plan one if you did not have one. There are several types of bathtubs, and here are the average prices:
- Price of a resin bathtub: from 150 to 600 $
- Cost of a steel bathtub: 3000 $ on average
- Price of an acrylic bathtub: between 250 and 650 $ approx.
- Price of a cast iron bathtub: between 750 and 2200 $
- Cost of a custom-made wooden bathtub: between 400 and 800 $ (veneered wooden bathtub), between 4500 and 7500 $ for Canadian wood, between 9500 and 18000 for solid exotic wood, between 5500 and 27000 $ for European wooden bathtubs (unique piece made by great masters)
- Price of a whirlpool bath: between 750 and 5500 $
Several factors come into play for the installation cost: the need to remove the old bathtub, building in a room with no water supply, complex bathtubs (whirlpool) or not, finishes and accessories (bathtub cladding, wall or tap fittings).
The installation of a classic bathtub with just the water connections will cost you 400 $.
Shower enclosures are available in various models, from the most classic to the most advanced jet model. The price for the purchase but also the installation will depend on the model you choose:
- The cost of replacing one shower with another by a plumber is around 450 $.
- The price of laying with the modification of the water supply, the laying of tiles etc. is about 2300 $
- The price for a classic shower is 470 $.
- The price for the installation of a hydro massage shower cubicle is from 600 to 1500 $.
- The cost of a standard shower model is between 250 and 900 $.
- The price of a hydro-massage shower is from 400 to 2500 $.
The septic tank is the installation that allows the evacuation and purification of all the wastewater from your home. The price of a 3000 litre PVC septic tank is 550 $. The cost of a concrete and cement septic tank is about 650 $.
To this price must be added the cost of the drain pipes and the tank’s installation. If you decide to hire a contractor, the price of the installation is between 3800 and 9000 $ (Worker and materials included). This price may vary depending on the nature of the land and the additional work.
Gas boilers are very popular in the renovation because they allow you to heat your home and produce hot water economically. Its price depends on its size, output, type of operation and brand. We, therefore, give you some price ranges:
- The price of a natural gas boiler: 2000 to 70000 $
- The cost of a gas condensing boiler: 43000 to 7000 $
- The price of a boiler installation varies from 600 to 1600 $.
You are not a handyman at all and would like to change your sink?
There are two solutions: either you try to do it on your thanks to our technical data sheet or call in a professional. Whatever your choice, we will give you the price of a sink and the price of its installation:
- The cost of a single bowl sink is between 50 and 250 $.
- The price of a two-bowl sink is between 80 and 350 $.
- Price of a faucet is between 20 and 180 $.
- Cost of installing a sink is between 130 and 250 $.
Do not fail to remember to include them in your budget plan
Toilets are part of the plumbing business. We give you a price estimate for the different types of toilets:
- The price of conventional toilets is between 80 and 140 $.
- The cost of the shredder toilets is between 290 and 1000 $.
- The price of dry toilets is about 400 $
- The price of hanging basins is between 190 and 700 $.
As you can see, plumbing represents a large budget and often more than you might think. The bill can escalate quickly. We often think it doesn’t cost much to change a sink, redo the bathroom plumbing and have a water heater installed. But that, plus that, plus that means that the plumbing budget is not to be neglected. Plumbing is not complicated to do yourself with a little motivation.
Of course, we are talking about small jobs such as changing a sink or installing a toilet instead of installing a water heater. We, therefore, advise you to do as much as possible yourself.
To do this, consult our sheets, and you will see that you can very well install a shower cubicle, a bathtub or change a sink very efficiently. All you have to do is follow all the steps.
If you call in a professional, buy all the material yourself and have it delivered. This will save you money. You will only pay for the worker for the installation. The price of a plumber is between 40 and 60 $ per hour.
Get quotes and compare. Get the competition to do the same. This is the best way to find out the prices charged by plumbers in your area.
Home Renovation Contractors is one of the reliable and budget-friendly floor renovations services that ensure to give you the best service Montréal for your commercial or residential cleaning places in Montreal, Laval, North Shore, Longueuil, North Shore, Saint-Laurent, Greenfield Park, West Island, Dorval, Mont Royal, Blainville, Brossard, Boucherville, Terrebonne, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Rivière des Prairies, Plateau Mont-Royal, Outremont, Westmount, Vieux-Montréal, Saint-Eustache, Boisbriand, Île-des-Sœurs, Repentigny, Greenfield Park, Saint-Hubert, LeMoyne, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Saint-Lambert, Beloeil, Chambly, Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Gatineau, Ottawa, Outaouai, Saint Sauveur, Sainte-Thérèse, Candiac, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Hampstead, Verdun, Ville-Marie, Sud-Ouest, Rosemont-la-Petite-Patrie, Mercier, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Villeray, Saint-Michel, Parc extension, Ahuntsic, Cartierville, Ville St-Laurent, Anjou, Montréal-Nord, St-Léonard, Vimont, Auteuil, Saint-François, Duvernay, Sainte-Dorothée, Fabreville, Chomedey, Laval-des-Rapides, Renaud, Saint-Vincent de Paul, Pont Viau, Laval-sur-le-lac, Sainte-Rose, Beaconsfield, Île Perrot, Senneville, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Kirkland, l’Île Bizard, Sainte-Genevieve, Pierrefonds-Roxboro, Baie d’urfé, Montréal-Est, Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Dorval, Pointe-Claire, Lachine, Ville Lasalle, Centre-ville, Côte St-Luc, Montréal-Ouest, Côte-des-Neiges, Notre-Dame-de Grace, Vancouver, Granby, Quebec, Gatineau, Sainte-Foy – Sillery, Trois-Rivières, Beauport, Haute Saint-Charles, Shawinigan, St-Nicolas, Lévis or surrounding areas.