- 1 Living Room Renovation in Montreal & Laval – How much does it cost to renovate a living room?
- 1.1 Our estimates for the renovation of your Living Room
- 1.2 What is the budget for painting?
- 1.3 What is the budget for electricity?
- 1.4 What is the budget to enlarge the show?
- 1.5 What is the budget for windows and patio doors?
- 2 Living Room Remodeling
Living room it’s the busiest room in the house, and that’s why it has to be up to scratch. To be with your family every night of course, but also to receive your friends. The cost of renovating a living room in Montreal
Do you want to repaint the walls of your living room as well as the ceiling?
There are two obvious solutions: either you do it yourself and reduce your bill, or you have it done by a professional, i.e. a painter. Home Renovation Contractors indicates below the cost of having the walls and ceiling painted by a professional:
- To paint the walls, you will have to pay 25 to 35 $/m².
- To paint the roof is a little more expensive: 35 to 45 $/m².
But that’s not all. You have to add to this price the cost of the paint, of course, and the preparation of the support. For the walls, it is often a matter of peeling off the wallpaper, washing the wall, etc. For the ceiling, it may be necessary to plaster it, and it will have to be cleaned.
All this preparation has a cost:
- For removing the existing coating, plan a budget of 10 to 15 $ per sq.
- For the preparation of damaged walls, damp walls, etc., plan a budget of 10 to 15 $ per m².
- To prepare a ceiling, the craftsman will ask you between 15 and 20 $ per m².
Our advice: removing an existing wallpaper, preparing a wall, cleaning it does not require being an expert. You can do it yourself and save a few hundred $$ on your bill.
If one budget is difficult to put a figure on, it is the electricity budget. Because it depends on many things: the nature of the work, the worker’s cost, the dismantling of equipment and so on. Here are our estimates:
- Budget for replacement of sockets and switches: 25 to 60 $ each.
- Budget for a new power supply embedded in the walls: $ 30-45
- Budget to have an electrical power supply drawn from exposed ductwork: 20 to 25 $
- Price to replace your old convectors with radiant models: between 650 and 1100 $
- Budget to change your lights: 600 $ on average
For your information, the workforce of an electrician is between 100 and 1400 $ per hour.
If you think that your living room is too small and you want to enlarge it with an adjacent room, you will have to calculate your budget for this type of work and in particular for the total or partial demolition of the partitions:
- Budget for the destruction of a non-load-bearing brick partition: between 45 and 60 $/m² (including rubble removal)
- Budget for the demolition of a plasterboard lining partition: $ 20-30/m².
- Budget for opening in a load-bearing division: from 220 to 320 $/m² depending on the type of door to be made
If you are completely renovating your living room, you most certainly have the windows and one or two patio doors to buy:
- Price of a PVC window: between 90 and 150 $
- Cost of a PVC window with roller shutter: between 350 and 450 $
- Price of a PVC patio door: between 250 and 350 $
- Price of a PVC French window with roller shutter: between 500 and 650 $
- Cost of a wooden window: between 130 and 290 $
- Price of a wooden patio door: between 270 and 450 $
For wood, the price depends, of course, on the species used. The cost can also be different depending on the number of sashes or the size of the window.
Want to go now to be able to take out your calculator and start calculating your projected budget. We recommend that you add 30% to the total cost you have found. This gives you some leeway in unforeseen circumstances and in case a professional is more expensive, for example. Home Renovation Contractors has given you some approximate prices.
They can be different depending on the region where you live, the craftsman’s worker’s cost, etc. It is best to get quotes from each craftsman concerned as soon as possible. This will give you a range to plan your budget and, above all, you will be able to compare quotes and then negotiate with the competition.
For the renovation of a living room, there are many things you can do yourself: paint the ceiling, paint the walls, remove a tapestry, put up wallpaper, install an electric convector heater or change a switch. The bill will be a few hundred $ lighter.
Home Renovation Contractors is one of the reliable Living Room renovations services that ensure to give you the best service Montréal for your commercial or residential cleaning places in Montreal, Laval, North Shore, Longueuil, North Shore, Saint-Laurent, Greenfield Park, West Island, Dorval, Mont Royal, Blainville, Brossard, Boucherville, Terrebonne, Pointe-aux-Trembles, Rivière des Prairies, Plateau Mont-Royal, Outremont, Westmount, Vieux-Montréal, Saint-Eustache, Boisbriand, Île-des-Sœurs, Repentigny, Greenfield Park, Saint-Hubert, LeMoyne, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Saint-Lambert, Beloeil, Chambly, Saint-Jean-Baptiste, Gatineau, Ottawa, Outaouai, Saint Sauveur, Sainte-Thérèse, Candiac, Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, Hampstead, Verdun, Ville-Marie, Sud-Ouest, Rosemont-la-Petite-Patrie, Mercier, Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Villeray, Saint-Michel, Parc extension, Ahuntsic, Cartierville, Ville St-Laurent, Anjou, Montréal-Nord, St-Léonard, Vimont, Auteuil, Saint-François, Duvernay, Sainte-Dorothée, Fabreville, Chomedey, Laval-des-Rapides, Renaud, Saint-Vincent de Paul, Pont Viau, Laval-sur-le-lac, Sainte-Rose, Beaconsfield, Île Perrot, Senneville, Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue, Kirkland, l’Île Bizard, Sainte-Genevieve, Pierrefonds-Roxboro, Baie d’urfé, Montréal-Est, Dollard-Des-Ormeaux, Dorval, Pointe-Claire, Lachine, Ville Lasalle, Centre-ville, Côte St-Luc, Montréal-Ouest, Côte-des-Neiges, Notre-Dame-de Grace, Vancouver, Granby, Quebec, Gatineau, Sainte-Foy – Sillery, Trois-Rivières, Beauport, Haute Saint-Charles, Shawinigan, St-Nicolas, Lévis, Trois-Rivières, Bécancour , Saint-Maurice, Nicolet, Notre-Dame-du-Mont-Carmel, Saint-Célestin, Grand-Saint-Esprit, Champlain, Saint-Étienne-des-Grès, Saint-Luc-de-Vincennes, Sainte-Catherine, Yamachiche, Shawinigan, Louiseville, Daveluyville, Pierreville, Maskinongé, Notre-Dame-du-Bon-Conseil, Saint-Tite, Drummondville and surrounding areas.